Otesaga CARE - Our commitment to a Clean and Responsible Environment
Please note that a travel advisory is in effect for anyone traveling to New York from states that have a significant degree of community-wide spread of COVID-19. Learn more.
As we warmly welcome our guests to The Otesaga Resort Hotel, our top priority remains to ensure the health and safety of all our guests and employees. For over 110 years, The Otesaga has taken great pride in providing the highest quality of product and service. That commitment continues as we implement Otesaga CARE, exceeding the standards recommended by state and federal agencies to provide a clean, safe and a healthy environment for all. Following the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and from the New York State's Department of Health, below is a list of enhanced procedures that have been implemented throughout the resort.
- Guests will be asked to maintain physical distance from other groups not traveling with them by standing at least six feet apart while in lines, using elevators or moving around the property.
- Guests will be reminded to wash hands frequently.
- Guests will be required to wear a mask in all public spaces and grounds, even those who have been vaccinated. Those without a mask will be provided one during their stay. Guests failing to comply will be denied admittance and are subject to civil penalty up to $1,000 per violation in accordance with the New York State Department of Health.
- Signs will be available throughout the property reminding guests of the enhanced safety procedures.
- Touchless Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the property.
- Guests will be provided with an Otesaga Personal Care Kit at check-in that contains:
- 2-oz hand sanitizer bottle
- 2 bottles of water
- 2 packets of sanitary wipes
- Mask(s) (if needed)
- Directory information
- Returning to work healthy - and staying that way. All employees returning to work will advise if a) they have tested positive for COVID-19, b) they have recently been in contact with someone known to be infected with COVID-19 OR they have traveled to an area known to be infected. In such cases, employees must self-isolate for 14 days.
- Employees will be receiving ongoing training regarding COVID-19 safety, hygiene and health standards.
- Daily briefings and updates will be communicated to our internal teams as the COVID-19 situation evolves.
- Temperature readings will be performed on all employees entering properties.
- Employees will be provided with a mask to wear during their shifts.
- Employees will be provided with PPE during their shifts.