Our Commitment to a Clean and Responsible Environment
As we warmly welcome our guests to The Otesaga Resort Hotel, our top priority is to ensure our guests' and employees' health and safety. For over 110 years, The Otesaga has taken great pride in providing the highest quality of products and services.
That commitment continues as we implement Otesaga CARE, exceeding the standards recommended by state and federal agencies to provide a clean, safe and healthy environment for all. Please find below a list of enhanced procedures that have been implemented throughout the resort.
- Face masks are optional for guests and employees
- Signs will be available throughout the property reminding guests of the enhanced safety procedures.
- Touchless Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the property.
- Returning to work healthy - and staying that way. All employees returning to work will advise if a) they have tested positive for COVID-19, b) they have recently been in contact with someone known to be infected with COVID-19 OR they have traveled to an area known to be infected. In such cases, employees must self-isolate for 5 days.
- Employees will be receiving ongoing training regarding COVID-19 safety, hygiene and health standards.
- Daily briefings and updates will be communicated to our internal teams regarding COVID-19
- The use of face masks is optional for employees.
- Employees will be provided with PPE during their shifts.
Enhanced Safety Procedures
- Guestrooms/Public Spaces
- For the safety of our guests, valet service will not be available upon arrival. Guests may use a luggage cart and parking is complimentary throughout the stay
- New credit card devices have been installed to eliminate staff handling guests' credit cards.
- Housekeeping staff will continue to adhere to strict cleaning protocols already in place at the resort.
- All room surfaces will be properly cleaned and disinfected, with particular attention paid to high-touch items including doorknobs, telephones and TV remotes.
- Increase the frequency of cleaning public areas. Public space attendants on the property will sanitize all surfaces and touch points.
- Employees will follow a 9-point High-Touch, a deep clean process in guestrooms.
- Rolled silverware will continue to be used in our restaurants.
- Disinfecting of all restaurant surfaces/areas will be performed on a regular basis.
- Tables, settings and seats will be sanitized prior to opening each day, between every use and at closing
- Leatherstocking Golf Course
- Face masks are optional for golfers and employees inside the Pro Shop
- Guest contact areas in the pro shop will be sanitized on a regular basis
- Golf carts and rental clubs will be sanitized after each round
- Golfers are reminded to wash hands thoroughly and frequently
- Hawkeye Spa
- Ventilation system has been equipped with the highest compatible filters (MERV13)
- Treatment rooms will be fully sanitized in-between services.
- Hand sanitizers will be available throughout the spa.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be added at the entrance of the dock area.
- All boats and paddles will be thoroughly sanitized after every rental.
- All boats will be placed at the water's edge in a manner that would be safe for guests to launch on their own.
- Personal Floatation Devices (PFDs) will be cleaned after each used as per US Coast Guard advisement.
- Swimming Pool Swimming Pool is open from Memorial Day weekend to Columbus Day weekend. Only registered guests of the Otesaga are permitted to be in the pool area.
- Fitness Center Please note that the Fitness Center is open 24/7:
- Fitness equipment will be appropriately spaced
- All equipment will be wiped down by staff daily
- Sanitizing wipes will be available at each station/equipment with signage asking guests to please wipe down the machine before and after each use.
Resort Amenities and Services
Dining Hours of Operation
- Hawkeye Bar & Grill: Open daily from 11:30am to 9:00pm
- Glimmerglass: Open daily from 7:00am to 10:00am
- Fire Bar: Open from 4pm to 10pm, daily
- 1909 Restaurant: Open Wednesdays through Saturdays, from 5:00pm to 9:00pm
- Leatherstocking Golf Grill: Open daily from 11:30am to 4:00pm, bar open until 6:00pm
- Golf Course Hours: Open daily from 7:00am to 6:00pm
- Spa Hours: Open daily from 9am to 5pm
- Recreational Facilities
- Swimming Pool: Open daily between Memorial Day weekend and Columbus Day from 7:00am to 7:00pm.
- Boat/Kayak/Paddle Boards Rentals: Available to rent daily (open seasonally)
- Bicycles: Available to rent daily (seasonally)
- Tennis/Pickle Ball: Open daily from 8 am to 5 pm; reservations are encouraged. (Open seasonably)
- Fitness Center: Open 24/7
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONSCONTACT US
- Is Valet Service available upon arrival?For safety reasons, valet service will not be offered. Complimentary parking is available throughout the stay
- Will my temperature be taken upon check-in?Yes, upon check-in your temperature will be taken with a non-contact thermometer.
- Do I have to wear a mask when visiting The Otesaga?Face masks are optional for guests and employees while at The Otesaga Resort Hotel
- Is the swimming pool open?The swimming pool is open daily from 7:00am to 7:00pm between Memorial Day weekend and Columbus Day, closed any other time.
- Can I make spa appointments during my visit?Yes, the Spa is open daily from 9am to 5pm. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 607-544-2565
- Can I play golf at Leatherstocking Golf Course?The golf course is open from 8am to 4pm, weather permitting. Open seasonally.
- Should I make dining reservations prior to my visit?Due to limited capacity, it is recommended to make your dining reservations at Hawkeye Grill prior to arrival by calling (607) 544-2524
- Is the Gift Shop open?The gift shop is offering limited products for guests to purchase. A list of items available for purchase is given to guests upon check-in
- What are the hours of operation for Hawkeye Grill?All day dining from 11:30am to 9:00pm daily
- Is the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum open?Yes, the museum is open daily, for the latest hours of operation please visit their website
- Is the Fire Bar open for business?The Fire Bar is open from 4pm to 10pm (Sunday - Thursday) and 4:00pm to 11:00pm (Friday - Saturday)
- Is room service available during my stay?Room service has been temporarily suspended. Guests may order To Go service from Hawkeye Grill to take it back to their room
- Can I rent a kayak/rowboat/canoe/paddle board during my stay?Our lake activities, including rowboat, kayaks, canoes, paddle boards and fishing are available to rent daily (open seasonally).
- Can I make use of the Fitness Center during my stay?The Fitness Center is open 24/7 with specific safety guidelines in place.