How We Remain Eco-Friendly
When you visit The Otesaga Resort Hotel, you'll be helping us preserve and protect our home in Cooperstown, "America's Most Perfect Village." We are dedicated to reducing our ecological footprint by incorporating environmental best practices wherever we can, from green weddings to eco-friendly cleaning products. Experience Upstate New York green living at our lakefront hotel.
- Guests are informed about our linen and towel reuse program.
- Hotel guest-assisted recycling has been initiated.
- Paper is recycled in all administrative areas.
- Cardboard is recycled throughout The Hotel.
- Glass, plastic, and metal products are recycled throughout The Hotel.
- The Hotel has installed water-conserving toilets.
- Low-flow shower heads are utilized in guest room baths.
- Guest room windows have been upgraded for high efficiency.
- All lawn waste is composted regularly.
- Retired furnishings are donated to local shelters.
- Compact fluorescent bulbs have replaced traditional lighting where applicable.
- We practice paperless billing, guest and internal communication wherever possible.
- Our kitchen fryer oil is re-used to make bio-diesel fuel.
- We track generations of solid waste.
- Our energy consumption is constantly monitored.
- We purchase goods from local vendors whenever possible.
- We maximize the use of environmentally friendly products on Leatherstocking Golf Course.
- Earth-friendly paper and plastic guest supplies are used.
- Composting all pre- and post-consumer food waste.
- Utilizing composted material throughout Cooperstown.
- Environmental-friendly cleaning products are used throughout The Hotel.
- Our earth-friendly product usage will continue to increase in the future.