Summer employment opportunities:
ROOM ATTENDANTS - 830 am - 330 pm Otesaga Hotel (6 days a week). Duties include but are not limited to, deep cleaning and disinfecting guest rooms, guest hallways including doors and windows etc.
Neatness of closets and carts, heavy cleaning etc. Cleaning and disinfecting throuout the hotel, other duties as needed.
STEWARD/DISHWASHER/CLEANER - 8:00am - 3:00pm or 3:00pm - 10:00pm 5 days a week. Clean and disinfect kitchen work areas, dishes, floors, equipment etc.
LINE COOK -
The Line Cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry and/or stations or other areas of the kitchen. At times, the Line Cook will be tasked to prepare items for another station or special event. In addition, the Line Cook cleans kitchen equipment, organizes produce delivery, and completes a nightly inventory. The ideal Line Cook candidate has a minimum of one year training and/or experience and is responsible to:
• Set up station according to restaurant guidelines
• Practice, monitor, and reinforce food safety procedures according to policy and health/sanitation regulations Follow recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant
• Manage and maintain a safe working condition
• Restock all items as needed throughout shift
• Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station
• Perform additional responsibilities as requested by the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef.
• Maintain fast, accurate service, positive guest relations, and ensure products are consistent with quality standards
SERVERS - Great service to our in house guests and visitors. Due to COVID-19 we are open in the Hawkeye Bar & Grill, Fire Bar and special events. Experience preferred. Must be available for all shifts, breakfast, lunch and dinner; and all days of the week. Days off rotate. Masks are to be worn and social distancing.
TABLE BUSSERS- Set up, clear & move tables in the Hawkeye Grill Restaurant , Fire table and special events. Must be available all shifts and days of week and able to lift and move 40+ lbs. Days off rotate. Masks will be worn and social distancing. Disinfecting of all restaurant areas.
GREETERS - — Welcome and accompany guests to their tables in the Hawkeye Grill. Answer phone and take restaurant reservations. All shifts available.
SECURITY - We are seeking a Security Guard to become an integral part of our team. The selected individual will patrol and secure assigned premises as well as identify risks to staff and patrons.
Monitor premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules
Thoroughly examine doors, windows, and gates to ensure proper function and security
Warn violators of premise rules and regulations
Report any facility issues such as fire hazards and leaking water pipes
Request emergency personnel for high risk situations
Previous experience in security, law enforcement, or other related fields preferred
Ability to handle physical workload
Must be at least 18 years old. The Otesaga Resort Hotel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.