To perform interior and exterior brush, roller, or spray painting to maintain building in state of good repair. Performs wallpapering and glazing as required. Assists with General Maintenance which may include HVAC, plumbing, and maintaining the needs of a historic hotel.
1. Prepares surfaces by scraping, using commercial paint removers, fills cracks and holes or sizing plaster walls.
2. Determines equipment and material requirements and requisitions from stores department or orders through purchasing office from approved suppliers.
3. Mixes paints where necessary to achieve desired color; matches paint color
4. Erects scaffold and ladders and safety barriers in line with local mechanical "safe work procedure." Places drop cloths on equipment, furniture and to cover floors.
5. Performs interior and exterior painting, including simple decorating work, finishing and wallpapering where required.
6. Wallpapering and glazing preferred
7. Completes work orders for painting assignments, indicating materials used and time involved.
To plan, organize and coordinate the staff and resources for an efficient and hospitable guest experience. They are expected to manage the staff on the floor and outside to ensure the shift runs smoothly. They interview and hire for each area and oversee any guest or employee related concerns if necessary. They are always expected to lead by example and reinforce the Otesaga's policies and procedures. They will execute employee training and safety procedures. This position will require leadership skills necessary to successfully operate the front desk and recreation areas.
This position must be able to produce high quality artisan bread and bread products from scratch. The candidate will be able to perform baking in a safe and sanitary work environment and be able to perform all steps in the baking process and ensure the proper handling and labeling of food that is set within the guidelines of NYS Health Codes. The candidate will be able to bake with fermented starters for variations in bread making.
The candidate must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent with a culinary degree preferred. We prefer a candidate with 4+ years baking experience, concentrating on bread but will entertain all candidates with experience. This position demands the ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds.
The Night Auditor works at the front desk of the hotel during the night, and they must ensure that the quality and integrity of the establishment are maintained just as diligently as they are during the day. Some of their typical duties include:
Balancing the accounts from day shift
Managing front desk activity and handling guest check-ins and check-outs
Ensuring customer satisfaction by scheduling wake-up-calls and other concierge activities according to guest preference
Handling customer requests and complaints and directing other employees or departments accordingly.
Creating invoices, bills and checks for vendors, employees and contractors.
Managing and updating all official documentation pertaining to the role
Ensuring that all end-of-day activities have been successfully executed by employees in all departments.
Answering calls and queries related to potential booking.
To operate the front desk, assist guests with check in and check out, and handle requests from in house guests. Provide information to our guests concerning rates, room amenities and information about area attractions. Treat all guests with courtesy and professionalism. Keeps the knowledge of hotel policies concerning room rates, discounts, special amenities and coordinates with housekeeping and dining areas. Directs guests to proper hotel members for food , housekeeping, laundry and concierge.
Taking and processing inquiries for rooms, amenities and help guests plan their entire visit. The right candidate is outgoing, detail oriented, self-motivated, has good phone skills. Sales and/or computer systems experience preferred; willing to train a fully committed team-player with a positive attitude. A nice position to grow a hospitality career, or for an experienced performer looking to put their skills to use in a highly visible role.
Move tables to the specification of the group or guest. Set the tables for meetings, weddings or luncheons. Set up the audio and video equipment and provisions for events, meetings and function rooms. Must be able to work various evenings and be able to lift and move 50+ lbs
Golf Maintenance Crew will maintain turf and golf course per Superintendent specifications; Utilize special equipment properly and safely; practice golf course etiquette with guests.
Grounds crew primary responsibility is to mow and trim the hotel grounds, General Managers home, and additional properties of the hotel. The removal of trash and debris plus replanting is expected as well.
ncludes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Recognized to be the Manager of the kitchen in absence of the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef. Maintains cleanliness and maintenance of facility. Work with Executive Chef to create a productive working staff while maintaining grooming standards and standards of conduct set forth by Management.
1. Maintains sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
2. Demonstrates strong culinary skills
3. Monitors receipt of supplies and proper storage
4. Verifies that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
5. Analyze and perform monthly inventory, portion and waste control, and sanitation codes
6. Reads food order slips or receives verbal instructions as to food required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
7. Cooks the exact number of items ordered by each guest or group, working on several different orders simultaneously.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Availability to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays (required).
2. Certification in sanitation and workplace safety regulations.
3. Practices safe food handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures.
4. Develop end of day closing procedure of kitchen
5. Must be efficient, work in high volume, multitask and work well as part of a team.
6. Ability to withstand constant pressure to prepare meals quickly, while ensuring quality is maintained, and safety and sanitation guidelines are observed.
7. Personal cleanliness is essential.
8. Knowledge and implementation of work place safety
As a Recreation Attendant, you would be responsible for ensuring a clean, safe and fun environment for guests at the pool, fitness center, lakeside dock, tennis courts and other recreational locations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service. This position will stock pool towels, clean and disinfect chairs and equipment, and rent equipment.
This position will use commercial washer and dryers to handle all hotel linens. Wash, dry, fold. Wash hotel uniforms and disperse to staff as needed.
This position is directly responsible for providing support services to bartenders and alcohol-related operations.
Strong organizational skills.
Strong initiative and independent work ethic
Ability to work with a team
Physically able to lift and carry 50 lbs. - push 150 lbs.
This position will maintain the accounts payable function for the hotel. Keep vendor files updating; including collecting W-9's. Code expenses to proper account. Pay vendor invoices by scheduling and preparing checks, monitoring discount opportunities, resolving invoice and payment discrepancies.
Record sales tax by calculating requirement on paid invoices. Ensure that 1099's are reported on timely basis. Maintain and disburse petty cash as needed. Post accrual entries. Assist accounts receivable with cash bank audits. Strong problem solver and analytical skills. Highly organized and detail oriented.