Travel Information: COVID-19 UpdateAs we warmly welcome our guests to The Otesaga Resort Hotel, our top priority remains to ensure the health and safety of all our guests and employees. For over 110 years, The Otesaga has taken great pride in providing the highest quality of product and service. That commitment continues as we implement Otesaga CARE, exceeding the standards recommended by state and federal agencies to provide a clean, safe and a healthy environment for all. Following the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and from the New York State's Department of Health, a list of enhanced procedures that have been implemented throughout the resort as seen here. Should any additional precautionary measures need to be taken into consideration, our organization will be prepared to make adjustments in accordance with the CDC and the local authorities. In the meantime, we would like to remind you that when booking a leisure reservation at The Otesaga, you always have the option to cancel your reservation as per our established guidelines.
LIST OF CLOSINGS, POSTPONEMENTS OR CANCELATIONS:
Please find below a list of operational changes, closings, postponements and cancelations at The Otesaga Resort Hotel. We will continue to update this list with any new information. We encourage guests to check the website and social media channels for the latest information.
- 1909 Restaurant: Services suspended for the season.
- Hawkeye Spa: Closed until further notice.
- Dreams Park Reservations: For inquiries about Dreams Park reservations, please email email@example.com or call 607-353-6906
LIST OF RE-OPENINGS:
Otesaga Resort Hotel: For reservations please call (800) 348 -6222 or visit Otesaga.com
Leatherstocking Golf Course: Now open for the season daily from 8 AM to 65PM. Play guidelines are in accordance with NYS provisions as seen below:
Carts will be available for single rider use only for any subscriber or guest over the age of 18. Couples/family members from the same household may ride in a cart together.
All golfers must handle their own clubs including loading and unloading them on and off carts. Outside staff will be here strictly to clean and sanitize carts.
There will be no club cleaning or bag room service.
- Subscribers and guests will only be able to check in 10 minutes before their tee time (tee times are required to play). There will be a staff member at the bag drop area monitoring players entering the pro shop and 1st tee area.
- All golfers will be required to wear a mask during the check in process and while in the cart staging area (this includes after completion of play while approaching the cart return area).
- Social distancing while at the golf course is required.
- Gatherings at the golf course will not be allowed after play.
- CART RIDER PROCEDURES
- Carts will be available for single ride use only for any subscriber or guest over the age of 18. Couples/family members from the same household may ride in a cart together.
- When finishing the round on the 18th hole, the cart rider will be required to empty their own trash into designated trash stations.
- When the round is completed and the cart is emptied of trash, cart riders shall drive the cart to their car, drop their clubs off and return their cart to a designated cart return area.
- CART SANITIZING PROCEDURES
- An extensive cart sanitizing procedure is in place to keep our employees, subscribers and guests safe. Each cart will be sanitized before and after each use.
- Tee times will be mandatory and will be structured every 12 minutes.
- All players need a tee-time reservation prior to coming to course to prevent people from congregating while waiting for an open tee-time.
- There will be no access to the clubhouse, pro shop, bag room, locker room.
- Check in will be through the Pro Shop window. All fees can be paid by credit card or subscriber billing. Cash will not be accepted.
- It is mandatory to leave the flagstick in at all times.
- All golfers must maintain proper social distancing at all times.
- No touchable items such as bunker rakes, ball washers or water coolers will be placed on the course.
- On course water fountains will not be available for use.
- The driving range will remain closed until further notice.
- ON COURSE RESTROOM PROCEDURE
- Only one person will be allowed in each bathroom at a time. Signs will be posted outside the bathrooms with the one-person restriction.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be installed outside both bathrooms.
- Sanitizing wipes will be placed in each stall and on each sink.
- All on course bathrooms will be completely cleaned and sanitized each day before the course opens and again at 1:00 pm.
- Each hour the course is open, all touch areas in the course bathrooms (including door handles, toilet handles, faucets and toilet seats) will be wiped down with an approved sanitizing solution.
- Bathrooms will be closed at 7:00 pm each day.
- A form documenting each cleaning and sanitization will be posted in each bathroom and initialed by a staff member after each cleaning/sanitizing procedure.