Travel Information: COVID-19 UpdateAs we warmly welcome our guests to The Otesaga Resort Hotel, our top priority remains to ensure the health and safety of all our guests and employees. For over 110 years, The Otesaga has taken great pride in providing the highest quality of product and service. That commitment continues as we implement Otesaga CARE, exceeding the standards recommended by state and federal agencies to provide a clean, safe and a healthy environment for all. Following the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and from the New York State's Department of Health, a list of enhanced procedures that have been implemented throughout the resort as seen here. Should any additional precautionary measures need to be taken into consideration, our organization will be prepared to make adjustments in accordance with the CDC and the local authorities. In the meantime, we would like to remind you that when booking a leisure reservation at The Otesaga, you always have the option to cancel your reservation as per our established guidelines.
Leatherstocking Golf Course Play Guidelines:
Play guidelines are in accordance with NYS provisions as seen below:
- All golfers will be required to wear a mask during the check in process and while in the cart staging area (this includes after completion of play while approaching the cart return area).
- Social distancing while at the golf course, in the clubhouse and at the driving range is required.
- New York State COVID guidelines for outdoor gatherings must be adhered to.
- CART RIDER PROCEDURES
- No more than two persons per cart; provided, however, a person may request their own cart if they would otherwise be sharing with another individual who is not a member of their same family/household. Leatherstocking Golf Course requires face coverings be worn while cart is occupied with two persons or provide a clear plastic divider.
- CART SANITIZING PROCEDURES
- Each cart will be sanitized before and after each use.
- Tee times will be mandatory and will be structured every 10 minutes.
- All players need a tee-time reservation prior to coming to course to prevent people from congregating while waiting for an open tee-time.
- It is mandatory to leave the flagstick in at all times.
- No touchable items such as bunker rakes, ball washers or water coolers will be placed on the course.
- ON COURSE RESTROOM PROCEDURE
- Only one person will be allowed in each bathroom at a time. Signs will be posted outside the bathrooms with the one-person restriction.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be installed outside both bathrooms.
- Sanitizing wipes will be placed in each stall and on each sink.
- All on course bathrooms will be completely cleaned and sanitized each day before the course opens.
- Bathrooms will be closed at 7:00 pm each day.