The most memorable part of your meeting? For many attendees, it will be the food. With so many factors playing a part in the decision making process, creating an exciting menu that everyone will enjoy can be a daunting task. We asked our experienced Otesaga team for their top tips to plan your team's dining options for your next meeting.
Tips from the Team
The Otesaga Sales and Events team stepped up to the plate to give their thoughts on how to make your next event one that your attendees will be talking about for years to come. Read on for their delicious advice!
- Station to Station: Planning for different types of food stations eliminates the need for counts, and provides more variety amidst allergy and food restrictions for groups.
- Get Outside: Outdoor venues are very popular right now, and The Otesaga has a range of options to choose from, including the East Lawn, Leatherstocking Golf Bar & Grill Patio, Fire Bar, and our iconic Veranda
- Local Flavor: With sustainability still very much a focus for event planners, choosing a menu with locally sourced ingredients is high on the list of priorities. Some planners take things a step further by creating food stations highlighting local delicacies. At The Otesaga, we partner with a variety of local purveyors to create our delicious menus.
- Skip the Formalities: While sit-down lunches or dinners can provide a chance for networking during meetings and conferences, many planners aren't standing on ceremony when it comes to their meals. By implementing grab and go options and boxed lunches, more time in the schedule is freed up for group activities and team bonding experiences.
- Sweet Treats: Who doesn't love dessert?! End your event on a high note with a creative take on the sweetest part of the day. Donut walls, ice cream sandwich stations, and seasonally flavored ice cream are just a few of the ways The Otesaga can cater to your sweet tooth.
If you're ready to fill your next meeting with memorable meals, contact The Otesaga to start the planning process. Inspire your team with our spectacular lake views, keep them engaged with fun team bonding experiences, and fuel their best ideas with our delicious menu.