Recipe of the Month
- 2.2 lb. Arborio Rice
- 1 Butternut Squash, split & remove seeds
- 1 Yellow Onion, finely diced
- 1 Fennel, finely diced
- 1 lb. Celery Root, finely diced
- 1 cup White Wine
- 3 qts. Vegetable Stock
- 8 oz. Locatelli Cheese, grated
- 8 oz. Goat Cheese Ricotta, crumbled
- 1 lb. Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbls. Salt
Brush cut side of squash with oil and season with salt & pepper. Place in a 350 degree oven for approximately 1 hour or till tender. Remove and cool to touch. Remove skin.
Bring hot vegetable stock and squash to a simmer, place in a blender in batches and puree smooth. Return to the pot and keep hot.
Melt butter in a heavy-bottom rondo, sweat onions, celery root & fennel. Do not brown. Add rice & coat well, cook until rice starts to crackle. Deglaze with wine and stir till evaporated. Add the hot blended vegetable stock one ladle at a time and constantly stir with a rubber or wood spatula. Cook till just tender but still has a little bite. Finish with locatelli and goat cheese.
Green Apple Chimichurri
Yields 3.5 cups
- 2 bunches Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 bunch Flat-Leaf Parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Shallots, minced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, cut into small cubes (Brunoise)
Combine all ingredients in a bowl first. Final step is slicing the granny smith apple about 1/16″ on both sides till you reach the core. Stack the slices uniformly and fine dice (Brunoise). Fold into the chimichurri. Check for seasoning.
PLATING: Spoon the finished risotto in the center of a bowl then drizzle with the Chimichurri over the top.