The Otesaga Hotel is a place for meeting good people. We want to meet you, and bring you on board to experience the career of a lifetime!
MAINTENANCE - General Maintenance 2nd shift 4:00 pm - 12:00 am. Painting, plumbing; A/C; hotel repairs; responding to guest room requests for maintenance. Must be able to work as a team player an independently. Experience working in a Historic Hotel or commercial building is preferred.
Reservations Sales Agent - Responsible for taking and processing social and group room reservations through telephone calls while maintaining knowledge of current room types and rate structures of both the Otesaga Hotel and Cooper Inn. Excellent phone etiquette and customer service skills required. Ability to promote and sell additional Hotel and Inn amenities and services. Must be flexible with schedule. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
LINE COOK - EXPERIENCED- The Line Cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry and/or stations or other areas of the kitchen. He/She prepares all items needed for service, from chopping vegetables to making sauces and butchering meat. At times, the Line Cook will be tasked to prepare items for another station or special event. In addition, the Line Cook cleans kitchen equipment, organizes produce delivery, trains new cooks and completes a nightly inventory. The ideal Line Cook candidate has a minimum of one year training and/or experience and is responsible to:
• Set up station according to restaurant guidelines
• Practice, monitor, and reinforce food safety procedures according to policy and health/sanitation regulations Follow recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant
• Manage and maintain a safe working condition
• Restock all items as needed throughout shift
• Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station
• Perform additional responsibilities as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager.
• Maintain fast, accurate service, positive guest relations, and ensure products are consistent with quality standards
ARTISAN BREAD BAKER - This position must be able to produce high quality artisan bread and bread products from scratch. Must be able to perform baking in a safe and sanitary work environment. Must be able to perform all steps in the baking process and ensure the proper handling and labeling of food that is set within the guidelines of NYS Health Codes.
Must have a high school diploma with a culinary degree preferred. This person must be a professional bread baker that is passionate about their craft and have a proven history of making bread. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds.
Must be at least 18 years old. The Otesaga Hotel and Cooper Inn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.